Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I like to call it the Pig Jig

A lot has happened lately but I've let myself get caught up in my work and haven't stopped by here to update. And while there's so much to say, I just don't have it in me to write it all out. Lucky for me, pictures and videos exist!

We moved the pigs into their pastured area and this is how they felt about it:

Don't worry, this video was a first attempt. I will have a better version up when I get around to it...



We've also been digging in the garden. We got in all kinds of leafy greens, beets, radishes and carrots a while back. A second round of those and some strawberries, peas and asparagus. (I've also transplanted the eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers as well as planting the basil and beans since I drafted this.)

Here's our first spring garden bed. We did raised beds this year with straw in the aisles to prevent weeds and spinach on the sides to prevent erosion. So far, it's looking great.


I think the actual plant pictures are better though:

Deer Tongue Lettuce
Mixed Spring and Italian Greens
Seeded Simpson Lettuce






Baby Spinach
Grown Spinach
View of Wonderful Texture   ; )




Baby Carrot!

               

We also already planted our cover crop on our "resting" bed. I took pictures a little later than this entry suggests, but doesn't it look cute now?



And because we all know by now that I love closeups: 
My secret garden guards are watching you.



Aaaaaand, we got our meat chickens and guinea hens:

Guinea Keets





Meat Chicks:

Meat Chick stares you down
Curious Meat Chicks
Hungry, Hungry Meat Chicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment